Saturday 12 September 2009

If I Could Be Anything...

I'd be a slug;
I'd crawl up your sleeve
And give you a hug.

...

I'd be a whale;
You'd buy my teeth
In a car boot sale.

...

I'd be Dr. Dre;
I'd just go "Yeah"
When I don't know what to say.

...

I'd be a gnat;
I'd suck on your arm
Till your blood made me fat.

...

I'd be a bear;
I'd peel your banana
And slice up your pear.

...

I'd be Cillit Bang!
I'd melt through your jeans
And burn off your wang.

...

I'd be your friend -
I'd read you some poems,
And smile at the end.

1 comment:

  1. The first of these was found by Jonny Glover as he was walking the south coast. It was carved into a bench on a cliff-top.

    If you have one in mind and like it, please feel free to add it here.

    If we get a good amount (and if no one minds) I'll republish them all in the post itself.

    p.s. If anyone knows who carved the "Slug" into the bench, Jonny and I would really like to meet them.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete